Are You Hurt? Call a Car Accident Help Lawyer Today


Are You Hurt?


Are you hurt? If you’ve been injured in a car accident, a car accident help lawyer can let you know if you might be eligible for various types of compensation. Depending on the level of insurance coverage you have, you may be able to claim for:


·       Medical Benefits. These benefits provide reimbursement of reasonable medical expenses related to your accident, such as medication, ambulance rides, wheelchair or other equipment, dental care, and more.

·       Rehabilitation Benefits. These benefits reimburse the client for costs related to therapy intended to reduce or eliminate the effects of the injury. These might include physical therapy, occupational therapy, employment counselling, etc.

·       Attendant Care Benefits. If you need to hire an aide or attendant to help you after your accident, you can apply for for funds to offset this cost. It may also apply if you need to be cared for in a nursing home or long-term care facility.

·       Income Loss Benefit. Because you may not be able to go to work following your accident, your insurance company may provide a weekly sum to help offset this loss. The amount you will receive will depend on your usual salary and/or your particular insurance policy.

·       Non-earner Benefit. If you were unemployed or a full-time student at the time of your accident, you may also be eligible for a small weekly benefit.



There are a few circumstances under which you may be able to sue a driver who caused your condition. If you plan to sue as a result of an automobile accident, you may be required by law to notify the person being sued within 120 days of the accident. The law suit must be launched within two years of the accident. Some of the grounds for legal action include:


·       Health Care Expenses. If you suffer an injury that is considered "catastrophic,” you can sue the other driver for recovery of your health care expenses. A catastrophic injury is one that will affect your life significantly, such as loss of vision, or quadriplegia.


·      Pain and Suffering. You may have grounds to sue the other driver for pain and suffering if you have sustained injuries – either physical or psychological -- that are serious and permanent. A judge will decide, based on medical evidence, whether your injuries qualify; he/she will also rule on the size of the award.


·       Loss of Income. If you are unable to work after your accident, you can sue for loss of income. You may also receive compensation for projected future income loss.


·       Home maintenance. Unless you have optional benefits, or you have sustained a catastrophic injury, your insurance company will not cover any housekeeping or home maintenance benefits. You will have to make the claim against the negligent driver.


·       Claims of Family. Finally, if you suffered a permanent and serious injury, your family may be able to sue for loss of guidance, care, and companionship. A family can also sue on these grounds in the case of accidental death.


If you are hurt, contact a car accident help lawyer today, and find out what compensation you may be entitled to.